This week's gospel lesson is Luke 13:10-17 - the story of the woman who had been crippled for eighteen years - bent over so that she could not stand up straight, look anyone in the eye, or raise her hands in praise to God. In her day, it was believed she was suffering from an evil spirit. Today, we suspect she was suffering from arthritis. But regardless of the cause, she invites us to think about ourselves.
What is it that keeps us bent over today?
- that keeps us from being the people God made us to be
- that keeps us from being the church God calls us to be
- that keeps our world from being the kingdom of God here and now
And what healing might Jesus have to offer us?
To post your own comment:
- click on "comments" and type in your notes,
- include your name at the bottom
- click the box next to "Comment as:" and select "Anonymous"
- then click on "Post Comment"
You can also reply by email to email@example.com.